Monday 2 June 2008

3


For my jar of a hundred things, I made it into the things I want in my life. I picked four different categories, things I want to eat, things I want to do, and places I want to go, and people I want to be friends with for the rest of my life. I decided that wants are something really important in our lives. It is what drives us to make you become who you are and what the world will become.

  • I this picture at the V&A behind the glass by one of the art projects called Blood on Paper for a couple of reasons. I took the picture behind that glass because it represents my jar, and how all me dreams are trapped in that little jar and sometimes i feel like my want and dreams are trapped by some unseen force thats why i was trapped in glass. I did the picture with Blood on Paper because that statment to me is like saying im putting everything on what you do, even if it means putting your own blood and sweat into it. Because i put my dreams and wants into this jar and that is like putting a piece of me into the jar.

4 comments:

Kevin & Heidi said...

You look like a homeless boy, did they kick you out of the program or what?
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Jared i hope im one of these people you want to be friends with for the rest of your life if not we are going to have a problem....
Julie
ps. i like yours its very thoughtful :)

Anonymous said...

"things I want to eat, things I want to do, and places I want to go, and the last people I want to be friends with for the rest of my life."

So there's a list of people in there that are the "last people you want to be friends with for the rest of your life"

Man, you have a list of people like that? Maybe you should just try to be nicer. I don't know anybody else that has a list, maybe a couple of people jotted down here and there, but a list?

Anonymous said...

This sounds so ... inward. Is art about expressing inner thoughts and lists, or is it about affecting others and thereby affecting their inner thoughts and lists?